We are not currently accepting submissions.
YOUR WORK; OR, WHAT YOU SHOULD SEND US:
We seek to publish new original poetry, short fiction, creative nonfiction, and hybrid works from writers experienced, young, or anything in-between. We like the experimental, the surreal, the real, the borderline. We like politics, we like the pastoral, we like the interplay between sound and image, and we like story. We like form and even amorphous blobs as long as your intentions are clear and sincere (or at least clear about your insincerity or sincere in your lack of clarity).
We like character. The things that whittle us down, the things that season us, build layers of character. Look at a mechanic’s hands—they’re calloused, creased, beat up, rough. Even when clean, their hands are haunted by grease stains that never seem to wash out. We want words that won’t wash out either, so give us your boldest, brightest, and best.
GUIDELINES; OR, HOW YOU SHOULD SUBMIT:
- No previously published work.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please tell us as soon as possible if you place the work elsewhere.
- Weatherbeaten acquires one-time rights. All rights subsequently revert to author.
- Please submit only one piece at a time. Except for poetry. You can submit up to five poems.
- 2,500-word limit for fiction and creative nonfiction.
- Read the first issue!
- Please only send us rich-text (.rtf) files or Word (.docx) files as an attachment. Seriously. If you send something in a file format that we can’t read, we won’t look at it, and we might just remember your name. (Kidding, maybe.) For poetry, please submit 3-5 poems as a single document.
- Standard-sized, serif font is preferred. Double-spaced for prose, single-spaced for poetry.
- Please include a cover letter, a brief bio, and contact info in the body of your emailed submission
Submissions and other correspondence should be sent to: email@example.com
We are a self-funded, “no fee” publication. Please consider donating to support the upkeep of this artistic endeavor.